Before activating the MILES app and log-in, please make sure that GPS is enabled, the app is allowed to use your location and your phone is connected to the internet. Triple check? Let’s start:
1. Find a MILES
The app will automatically show you the closest vehicle.
💡You haven’t found the right MLES yet?
Therefore you have 3 options to find the vehicle of your choice:
- 1) Use the list view to display more vehicle close to your location. Simply click on the list icon on the right edge of your screen.
- 2) You are looking for a specific vehicle type? Try our filter function. You will find the filter icon on the ride side of your screen as well. Pick your settings to only see vehicles matching your selection on the map and also in the list view. Resetting your selection is very easy – go back to the filter and either click “Reset filter” or “X” on the top right.
- 3) Zoom out of the map and search manually.
2. Reserve or rent
- Click on the pin (S, M, E, L) on the map. You will see a vehicle card with all details on your selected car. Click on “Reserve now” to activate your free reservation time of 15 minutes. Of course, you can extend the reservation time up to 24h afterwards – click on the “+” next to the green timer. Each additional reservation minute costs 0,09€.
- You can skip the reservation if you are already standing in front of your MILES. Simply select “Start rental”.
3.1 Choose/confirm a rate
- Now you’ll see an overview of the rate you chose and which condition the vehicle is in. The kilometer based rate is selected per default, but you can always pick one of our daily rates when starting your rental. It is also possible to add rates during the active ride, in case you decide to extend your ride spontaneously.
3.2 Damage check
- Please check the vehicle before you get in and report new damages. Already reported damages can be found in the same overview in which you see your selected rate. Check the category Damages to see a full list. In case you find a completely new one, please report it by clicking “Report Damage” at the end of the list. You can take up to 4 pictures for the upload. No further comment required.
4. Start the rental
- All ready and set? Great. Slide with your finger on the “Slide to open” icon. Enter your PIN Code to open the car and start the rental. This is the PIN code you created during registration.
5. Get in and start driving
- Get in and take your time to adjust your seat and all mirrors – please don’t get forget to fasten your seatbelt! 😎 Now you’re ready for a relaxed ride. Please don’t close the app – it needs to be active during the entire rental.
6. Ending the rental
- Simply select “End rental” – you will automatically receive an overview on the costs for your ride. Of course, this information is also stored in your ride history which you can access at any time. As a final confirmation for your completed ride, you will also receive an email from us.
Before you leave the car: Please make sure that all doors, windows and the trunk are closed. Did you take all your belongings with you? Great! 😎
You’d like to make a pit stop? Simply activate parking mode.