The charging time depends on the capacity and kw-output of the particular charging station:
1. AC charging stations (regular charging stations)
- Charging capacity ≈ 10kw - 22kw
- Approx. charging duration: 6h
- Charging cable: Connect the e-vehicle with the charging cable from the trunk
2. DC charging stations (fast charging stations)
- Charging capacity ≈ 50kw - 350kw
- Approx. charging duration: 45min
- Charging cable: The cable is already attached to the charging station. It only needs to be connected to the car.
- The charging time stated in this article is based on average values.
- The charging duration may be delayed by the external as well as the battery temperature.
The charging period may also be delayed if other cars are already connected to the charging station.
- Drive with foresight and charge your MILES in time. This way you avoid possible towing costs & service fees, as you won't be stuck on the road with a flat battery.
- When the battery level is at 10% or lower you have to charge your MILES in order to be able to terminate your rental.
Good to know - improve the range as follows:
- Try to refrain from unnecessary fast driving.
- Use the heating & air conditioning sparingly.
- If possible, charge the car when the battery have already been "warmed up". Cold batteries require more current because they have to be heated up to operating temperature first.