The charging time depends on the power supply and kw-output of the particular charging station.
There are two different types of charging stations:
1. AC charging stations (regular charging stations)
- ID.3 charging time ≈ 6 hours
- Charging cable: Connect the e-vehicle with the charging cable from the trunk.
- Most common charging station type.
2. DC charging stations (fast charging stations)
- ID.3 charging time ≈ 45 min
- Charging cable: The cable is already attached to the charging station. It only needs to be connected to the car.
- Ideal for short stopovers: Mainly found on motorway gas stations.