If you drive abroad with MILES, the same applies as to driving with your private car: Always adhere to the local road traffic regulations!
In addition, we have summarised the most important points you need to consider beyond that before travelling abroad with MILES.
✅ You should take care of the following tasks before the trip:
- Inform yourself about the traffic rules and regulations of the country of your destination before you start your ride abroad.
- Plan your trip for up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Reserve your preferred MILES up to 24 hours before the start of your journey or simply start the rental directly via the app. No advance booking necessary.
- If you need a child car seat, please make sure you arrange one on your own in advance of the trip.
- Please make sure that the triangle reflector, safety vests and the first aid kit are in the vehicle when you start your trip.
- We don't cover refuelling costs abroad. We recommend that you fill up your MILES at one of our partner gas stations (Aral & Total) in Germany before crossing the border. All partner gas stations are marked on the map in the app.
- We don't cover charging costs abroad. If you decide to travel abroad with an e-vehicle, you bear the costs for charging yourself.
❌ The following options are not available during your ride abroad:
- Allowing a second person to drive: Only you as the account holder may drive the vehicle, a second driver is not permitted. Please plan enough breaks for longer trips.
- Ending the rental abroad: The rental can only be terminated in the German MILES City where it was started.
- Submitting parking costs, toll charges or fuel and charging receipts for reimbursement: All parking costs, toll charges & stickers and costs for refuelling & charging are to be paid by you and are non-refundable.
- Parking your MILES in underground garages or any other covered car parks: A sufficient internet connection is not guaranteed here.
- For each trip abroad we charge a boarder crossing surcharge of 5€ per day & max. 25€ per rental.
- Your rental can only be terminated within the business area of the MILES City where you started your ride.
Did you know?
With a MILES Pass Silver or Platinum you also save on rides abroad. With the Platinum Pass, the border crossing surcharge of 5€ per day is even waived entirely.