If you drive abroad with MILES, the same applies as to driving with your private car: always adhere to the local road traffic regulations!
In addition, we have summarized the most important points you need to consider beyond that before traveling abroad with MILES.
✅ You should take care of the following tasks before the trip:
- Inform yourself about the traffic rules and regulations of the country of your destination before you start your ride abroad.
- Plan your trip for up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Reserve your preferred MILES up to 24 hours before the start of your journey or simply start the rental directly via the app. No advance booking necessary.
- If you need a child car seat, please make sure you arrange one on your own in advance of the trip.
- Please make sure that the triangle reflector, safety vests and the first aid kit are in the vehicle when you start your trip.
- We don't cover refueling costs abroad. We recommend that you fill up your MILES at one of our partner gas stations in Germany before crossing the border. All partner gas stations are marked on the map in the app.
- We don't cover charging costs abroad. If you decide to travel abroad with an e-vehicle, you bear the costs for charging yourself.
❌ The following options are not available during your ride abroad:
- Allowing a second person to drive: Only you as the account holder may drive the vehicle, a second driver is not permitted. Please plan enough breaks for longer trips.
- Ending the rental abroad: The rental can only be terminated in the country where it was started.
- Submitting parking costs, toll charges, or fuel and charging receipts for reimbursement: All parking costs, toll charges & stickers, and costs for refueling & charging are to be paid by you and are non-refundable.
- Parking your MILES in underground garages or any other covered car parks: A sufficient internet connection is not guaranteed here.
- For each trip abroad we charge a border crossing surcharge of 5€ per day & max. 25€ per rental on top of the regular ride rate.
Did you know?
With a MILES Silver or Platinum Pass you also save on rides abroad. With the Platinum Pass, the border crossing surcharge of 5€ per day is even waived entirely.