Charge the ID.3 as soon as the kilometre range has dropped below 30%. Of course, charging is free at our partner charging stations throughout Germany. ;)
How it works:
- The available charging stations are shown to you in the MILES app. Select your preferred charging station on the map. Click on the distance indicator and start the navigation to get there.
- Park at the charging station. Switch on the "Parking mode" by pressing 'P' on the gear selector. The handbrake will be activated automatically.
- Select the the charging station & charging port via your MILES app to charge the ID.3. Afterwards, take the charging cable from the boot of the car. The selected charging port opens automatically within 60 seconds.
- Open the charging cap on the car (charging cap = fuel cap) and connect the large plug to the car.
- In the next step, you can connect the other end of the cable to the charging station. Confirm that you have plugged the cable with your car and the station via the app.
- The car is charging? If so, a green LED light appears next to the vehicle’s charging port.
- The charging process will be confirmed to you via the app & be displayed on the car's the infotainment screen as well.
- Please make sure that all windows and doors are closed before you lock the vehicle. You can now activate the parking mode or end the rental.
The car locks automatically after a few minutes (Auto-Lock by VW).
- To open your MILES again, please activate the parking mode via your app.
- Parking mode active? Wait a few seconds, then switch back to your active rent. You can now open the doors again.