Once you're at your MILES, please check it for visible damages such as scratches or dents before you unlock the vehicle and start your trip.
This step is very important for us to be able to correctly allocate and process any vehicle damages and to ensure that you are not accidentally charged for a claim that you haven't caused. No damage is too small to be reported!
Here's how it works:
- In the app, click on the button "Damage report" to find a list of all the damages that have been reported for your selected vehicle so far.
- Go around the vehicle and check if there are any additional damages that are not yet in the list. Please also make sure that the car has no flat tires.
- If you have discovered a new damage, tap on the "Report new damage" button.
- Indicate whether the vehicle is still roadworthy and follow the instructions in the app.
- Done! Your report will be automatically forwarded to us and we will take care of everything else. If the MILES is not roadworthy, it will be taken off the fleet immediately and will be repaired as soon as possible. 🔧
- Inside of the vehicle: After you have unlocked the MILES, please also check the inside of the vehicle (including the trunk) for dirt and damages.
- Vans: If you're renting a van, always make sure that the cargo area is clean and empty at the start of your trip.
- Your MILES is damaged or dirty inside? Please take photos of the dirty spots / damages and send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before you drive off.