Breakdowns are sudden technical issues or defects that make it impossible to continue driving.
The most common causes of breakdowns include flat tires, engine damage & battery failure.
If your MILES broke down, please follow these steps:
- Switch on the hazard warning lights and park the car in a parking space or lay-by.
- If this is not possible, park the car carefully at the edge of the road or on the emergency lane (highway). Secure the scene of the breakdown with a warning triangle.
- Switch off the engine and put on your safety vest. Make sure that all passengers can safely exit the vehicle via the passenger side.
- Reached a safe waiting place? Contact our support by phone. You can find the number under under the '?' in the app during your active rental (alternatively: the imprint of our website).
- Our support will tell you how to proceed.
- If you are on an expressway or highway and have lost parts of the vehicle that now endanger traffic, please notify the police (110).
- Please open the hood of the car only after consulting our support and do not attempt to repair the vehicle on your own.