The charging process is always initiated via the app. To start the charging process, you must be next to the car and parked at the charging station. The charging cable can be found in the trunk.
How it works:
- In your MILES app, you can filter for all available charging stations on the map.
Select your preferred charging station in the app, click on the distance indicator and start the navigation to the charging station via your phone.
- Park at the charging station. Activate the handbrake by pressing 'P' on the gear selector.
- Select the appropriate charging station & charging port via your MILES app. The selected charging port opens automatically within approx. 60 seconds.
- Unlock the car's charging cap via the touchscreen. Alternatively, you can open it by slightly pressing it directly outside.
- Now take out the charging cable from the trunk, remove the cover from the car's charging port and connect the large plug of the cable to the car.
- Afterward, connect the other end of the cable to the charging station & confirm in the app that you have connected your MILES to the charging station.
- Is the car charging? If so, a green LED light will appear next to the vehicle’s charging port.
- The charging process will be confirmed to you via the app & be displayed on the car's touchscreen as well.
- Please make sure that all windows and doors are closed before you lock the vehicle. You can now activate the parking mode or end the rental.
Good to know:
During this process, the car might lock automatically after a few minutes. To reopen it, briefly activate the parking mode in the app. Wait a few seconds, then switch back to your active rent. You should now be able to open the doors again.
- Always be aware of the range of your MILES. This way you avoid being stranded on the road. If the car is towed, we will have to charge you for the towing & service fees.
- Your MILES needs to be charged when the range is below 30% and after each long-term rental. If the range is below 15%, the rental cannot be terminated without connecting the car to a charging station.
- MILES is not liable for defective or occupied charging stations. Don't hesitate to get in touch with the operator!
Do not park the car at the charging station without charging. Charging stations are not parking spaces!