- Make sure you are safe & provide first aid if necessary. If there are casualties, please call the emergency services on 112.
- Put on the safety vest & secure the accident site: Switch on the hazard warning lights & put up the warning triangle.
- Call the police at 110.
- Afterwards, contact our support immediately by phone via the ? button in the MILES app. We will tell you what to do next.
Good to know:
If another party is involved in the accident, you can help our support by already having collected the data of the opposing party when you report the accident to us by phone.
Police & support are informed. What now?
As soon as you have reported the accident, you will receive an accident report from us by email:
- According to our Terms & Conditions, you are obliged to fill out the accident report truthfully.
- The completed accident report must be returned to us within 3 days.
- Penalties may apply if the accident report is not submitted to us in time or if the information turns out to be incorrect.
Please take the following photos for the accident report:
- Accident site
- MILES vehicle (all 4 sides)
- Opposing vehicle incl. license plate or the accident obstacle (fence / object / other obstacle)
- Photo of the police file number
- Every accident must be reported! Please always inform the police immediately (110) and afterwards our support. If you do not report an accident to us, you will be charged a penalty and the costs for the damage incurred may be charged in full.
- The assessment of whether damage has actually occurred is the sole responsibility of MILES.
- The question of guilt is resolved exclusively by the legal department & the insurance company.