The T6 is started with the key and has a manual transmission. Please be prepared to use the clutch and manually change gears.
And this is how you start driving the T6:
- First of all, make sure that the vehicle is clean and ready to be used once you get in. If there are any items left behind in the cargo space, please contact our support immediately.
- Take your time to adjust seat, steering wheel and mirrors properly. Vans do not have a rear view mirror. Therefore, use the side mirrors exactly & remember to do shoulder checks in traffic!
- You start the ignition of the van with the key. The key is located in the glove compartment on the passenger side.
- Insert the key into the ignition. Hold down the clutch with your left foot and the brake with your right foot.
- Now turn the key in the ignition and start the engine. Select the appropriate gear and release the handbrake.
- Release the clutch slowly, take your foot off the brake and press the accelerator pedal. The van will now start to move.
Please note the following general information:
Size & Turning Circle: Before your ride, memorize the size of your van and make sure you have enough room on narrow roads and underpasses.
Remember that the turning circle of a van is much larger than that of a car. Therefore, you need more space to turn and maneuver.
Stopping distances: Take enough time to start from the standstill when the van is fully loaded.
Always keep a sufficient distance to the vehicle in front of you and keep an eye on the speed limits applicable to vans.