Charge the ID.3 as soon as the kilometer range has dropped below 30%. Of course, charging is free at our partner charging stations throughout Germany. ;)
How it works:
1. The available charging stations are shown to you in the MILES app. Select your preferred charging station on the map. Click on the distance indicator and start the navigation to get there.
2. Park at the charging station. Switch on the "Parking mode" by pressing 'P' on the gear selector. The handbrake will be activated automatically.
3. Select the the charging station & charging port via your MILES app to charge the ID.3. Afterwards, take the charging cable from the boot of the car. The selected charging port opens automatically within 60 seconds.
4. Open the charging cap on the car (charging cap = fuel cap) and connect the large plug to the car.
5. In the next step, you can connect the other end of the cable to the charging station. Confirm that you have plugged the cable with your car and the station via the app.
6. The car is charging? If so, a green LED light appears next to the vehicle’s charging port.
7. The charging process will be confirmed to you via the app & be displayed on the car's infotainment screen as well.
8. Please make sure that all windows and doors are closed before you lock the vehicle. You can now activate the parking mode or end the rental.
The car locks automatically after a few minutes (Auto-Lock by VW).
- To open your MILES again, please activate the parking mode via your app.
- Parking mode active? Wait a few seconds, then switch back to your active rent. You can now open the doors again.
- To start the charging process you have to be close to the car. Always start the charging process at the charging station.
- Always keep an eye on the cruising range. This way you avoid being stuck on the road. If the car needs to be towed, we will pass on the towing costs & service fees to you.
- Your MILES must be charged when the battery level is less than 15% and after each long-term rental in order to terminate the rental.
- MILES is not responsible for defective or occupied charging stations. Please contact the operator of the charging station in these cases!
- Don't park the car at the charging station without charging. Charging stations are not parking spaces!
- Would you like to end your ride? Remember to take all personal belongings and to leave the car in a clean condition. The next MILES Rider will thank you. Thanks for charging! ✌️