The Tesla Model 3 is fully electric and the premium vehicle of our MILES fleet. You can book our Tesla if you are
- at least 23 years old,
- not a Rookie,
- a regular MILES user and have already completed at least 10 rides with us.
You fulfill these requirements? Then this is how you hit the road with our Tesla Model 3:
Step 1: Unlock doors
- Open the door by pressing the wider part of the handle inward with your thumb & at the same time grasping the narrower part of the handle. Then pull the handle outward as usual.
- Briefly check that the vehicle is clean and ready to be used once you got in. Please flag any major soiling to our support.
- Note: From the inside, you open the doors either via the respective handle at the front end of the armrest, or by pressing the button as shown here in the photo:
Step 2: Adjust mirrors, lights & steering wheel
- Take your time to adjust the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors properly before you drive off.
- The seats can be adjusted as usual via buttons and handles around it.
- The settings for mirrors and light have to be activated via the touchscreen.
- Tap on the car icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and choose the category "vehicle" right at the top of the list.
- Select the desired option and follow the instructions.
- The headlights settings can be adjusted under the category "lighting".
Step 3: Start driving
- Press and hold the brake pedal & select the desired driving mode via the gear selector: Push it down for forward gear 'D' and up for reverse gear 'R'.
- Please note that you always have to press the brake pedal if you want to change the driving mode.
- The current driving mode is always displayed to you in the top left corner of the touchscreen.
- As soon as you release the brake and press the accelerator, electricity will flow and the car will start rolling.
- Keep in mind: As soon as you take your foot off the gas pedal, the power supply is interrupted and the car comes to a stop quite abruptly.
Good to know
Hazard warning lights:
- The hazard warning lights are located at the top of the ceiling in front of the rearview mirror:
- You can access the wiper settings from the main Controls on the touchscreen to adjust the speed of the wipers.
- Auto mode: Model 3 detects whether or not it is raining. When wipers are set to Auto and liquid is detected on the windshield, Model 3 determines the optimal frequency at which they should wipe.
- To perform a single wipe with the windshield wipers, press and immediately release the button on the end of the turn signal stalk. Press it a bit longer if you wish to use wiping fluid.
High beam headlights:
- Push the turn signal stalk away from you and release to turn the high beam headlights on continuously. To cancel, push the stalk away from you again.
- To briefly flash the high beam headlights, pull the stalk towards you and release.
- The settings for the air conditioning open when you click on the temperature display.
- Here you can also select temperature, ventilation & seat heating individually for all seats.