If the Model 3 is connected to a charging station, first start the rental in the app as usual. Then finish the charging process before you drive off.
This is how it works:
- Book the car as usual via the app. Click on “End charging process” in the app.
- First, disconnect the cable from the car and after that from the charging station. Confirm the process in your app.
- Put the MILES charging cable back into the trunk. You're now good to go. Safe trip!
If the cable cannot be disconnected after finishing the charging process in the app, there are two alternatives to unlock the cable:
Step 1: Touchscreen
- The charging status of the vehicle is displayed on the touchscreen.
- Tap the "Stop charging" button. You should now be able to disconnect the charging cable from the vehicle.
Step 2: Emergency Release
- You can find a grey strap on the left side of the back trunk.
- Pull the strap one single time. Disconnect the cable afterwards.