The Sprinter is equipped with keyless go and automatic transmission.
And this is how you start driving the Sprinter:
- First of all, make sure that the vehicle is clean and ready to be used once you get in. If there are any items left behind in the cargo space, please contact our support immediately.
- Take your time to adjust seat, steering wheel and mirrors properly. Vans do not have a rear-view mirror. Therefore, use the side mirrors exactly & remember to do shoulder checks in traffic!
- In order to start the engine, step on the brake pedal & press the start/stop button at the same time. The button is located next to the gear lever on the center console.
- Now choose your driving mode: Shift the gear lever to 'D' to move forward and to 'R' if you want to move backwards.
- Release the handbrake and the brake pedal and gently press the accelerator to start moving.
- As soon as you take your foot off the brake, the car slowly starts to roll by itself. This applies to both forward and reverse gear!
Please note the following important information on driving vans:
- Size & turning circle: Before your ride, memorize the size of your van and make sure you have enough room on narrow roads and underpasses.
Remember that the turning circle of a van is much larger than that of a car. Therefore, you need more space to turn and maneuver.
- Stopping distances: Take enough time to start from the standstill when the van is fully loaded.
Always keep a sufficient distance to the vehicle in front of you and keep an eye on the speed limits applicable to vans.